Our Primary Purpose
- To serve the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous
- To serve as a resource for AA members, professionals working with alcoholics, the media and the public at large
- To provide accurate and up-to-date information about A.A. meetings in the Area
- Give clear directions on how to find the A.A. meetings
- To provide information on-line for world-wide accessibility
- Public Information: enhance AA profile in Area
- To encourage service among AA members in AA service in Galway
- Oversight of this website will be the responsibility of Galway West Area in accordance with the 12 Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous. Website policy approved by Tradition 6, 9, 11 and 12, and Data Protection of Ireland.
- The editorial committee was proposed and adopted at Galway West Area Committee meeting on 17th April 2013. Details available on minutes.
Primary Reference Sources
- AA Guidelines for the Internet
- Conference-Approved Literature
- AA Service Manual 2011-2012 edition
- Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003
- 12 Steps of A.A.
- 12 Concepts for World Service
Informed Group Conscience
- Site has no commercial content
- We are self-supporting
- Have links to AA related sites
- Take collective responsibility for content
- Maintain personal anonymity
- We do not collect personal information on any visitor