You are invited to come along and enjoy a weekend and opportunity to meet socially and celebrate sobriety.
Please find below the programme for a very full weekend for members of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Wishing you a great convention.
Your in Fellowship
Back to Main Convention Page
- 14:00 – First Things First
- 15:00 – I am responcible
- 16:00 – Self Support ; Tradition 7
- 17:00 – Relapse and Recovery
- 18:00 – Singleness of Purpose
- 19:00 – Cruinniu As Gaelige
- 22:00 – Step 12 – Carry the Message
- 23:00 – Live and Let Live
- 12:00 – Midnight Meditation Meeting
- 17:30 – Step 2 & 3
- 18:30 – Love & Service
- 22:30 – Graditude
- 23:30 – Step 6 & 7
- 12:30 – Step 10
- 8:00 – Formal Opening Of Convention (Public Open Meeting)
- 08:00 – On Awakening – Step 11
- 09:00 – The Joy of Living
- 10:00 – Old Timers
- 11:00 – Sponsorship
- 12:00 – Tradition 8, 9 & 10
- 13:00 – Cruinniu As Gaelige
- 14:00 – Atheists Meeting
- 15:00 – Step One Experiance
- 16:00 – Let GO, Let GOD
- 17:00 – Expectations vs Demands
- 18:00 – Anonymity and Social Media
- 19:00 – Now about SEX
- 20:00 – Tradition 12 – Humility
- 21:00 – Young and Sober
- 22:00 – Step 5
- 23:00 – Attitude Adjustments
- 12:00 – Midnight Meditation meeting
- 10:30 – Principal of Honesty
- 11:30 – Step 10 – Inventory
- 12:30 – Traditions 4,5 & 6
- 13:30 – Beginners
- 14:30 – Forgiveness
- 15:30 – Recovery and Grief
- 16:30 – Steo 8 & 9
- 17:30 – Courage to Change
- 18:30 – Traditions 1, 2 & 3
- 19:30 – They Stopped in Time
- 20:30 – Cruinniu As Gaelige
- 21:30 – Step 4
- 22:30 – Beginner’s – Living Sober
- 23:30 – Ego Deflation
- 12:30 – Fellowship
- 10:30 – Gentle Yoga and Meditation (Chair
- 11:30 – AA in Galway – The Early Years
- 13:00 – Emotional Sobriety – Workshop
- 15:30 – How in your Home Group – Workshop
- 17:00 – Polish Meeting
- 08:00 – Morning Yoga (Mat)
- 19:30 – Meditation Meeting – Step 11
- 11:30 – Formal Closing Of Convention (Open Meeting)
Back to Main Convention Page
43rd Annual Convention
4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January 2018
Theme: A Design for Living
Welcome to Our convention in The Galway Bay Hotel
Google Map to Galway Bay Hotel
All closed meetings are located on the Lower Level and are well signposted.
AA Conference approved literature is on sale in the Hotel Lobby throughout the convention.
The Leather Lounge is available for Singsongs on Friday and Saturday Night.
Cruinneachai as Gaeilge ar feadh an deireadh seachtaine & Spotkanie Grupy W Jezyku Polskim
I am responsible . . when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.
Members of the public who have an interest in Alcoholics Anonymous and our fellowship are invited to the OPEN PUBLIC MEETING on Friday evening at 8:30pm in the Lettermore Room. The meeting will end at 10:00pm. All other meetings are Closed Meetings meaning that you may only attend if you satisfy our 3rd tradition which is “that you have a desire to stop drinking”. These closed meetings are attended only by members of our fellowship. We would request that you would respect this in your attendance at the convention and thank you for your consideration of this. Types of AA Meetings
The principle of anonymity is a basic tenet of our fellowship. Those who are reluctant to seek our help may overcome their fear if they are confident that anonymity acts as a restraint on our members, reminding us that we are a program of principles, not personalities. 12 Traditions in Long Form
- 8:30pm – Early Bird Meeting
- 14:00pm – Registration—Hotel Lobby – to 11:00pm
- 14:00pm – Marathon Meetings – to 1:30am
- 20:00pm to 22:00pm – Formal Opening Of Convention (Open Public Meeting)
- 22:30pm to Late – AA’s Got Talent, a fun and entertaining display of sobriety
- 10:00am – Registration—Hotel Lobby – to 11:00pm
- 10:00am – Marathon Meetings – to 1:30am
- 20:00pm – Danceoke (Think Karaoke with your feet)
- 22:00pm – to Late Live Band “The Blacktye Band”
- 10:00am – Meditation Meeting
- 10:00am – Morning Meeting
- 11:30am – Formal Closing Of Convention (Open Meeting)
Poster and Programme
If you are planning a change in your meetings for Christmas period. You may only have a couple of Group Conscience meetings.
Please let us know so that we can inform the local fellowship where they can get meetings and which meeting will need to close or change venues.
Let us know as soon as you have confirmed information on arrangements and we will put it on the for the circulation.
As usual please spread the word as not all our members registered to receive this notification
Athenry Wednesday have moved to a new room, not far from Canton Hall.
Pastoral Centre, adjoining the St. Mary’s Church, Church Street, Athenry
Here are some changes that we were informed have changed for Race Week only.
Ozanam House: Monday & Tuesday 13:00
Ozanam House: Wednesday and Saturday 11:00 (am)
Bohermore: open all week 13:00 and 20.30
We are informed according to group conscience of each group and only provide changes as notified to us to firstname.lastname@example.org