Invitation to help out.
Once again we will be holding this very popular Galway West Convention 2018 and there is an invitation to join in helping with the success of the convention.
The next convention committee meeting will be held on Wednesday evening 25th October in the Galway Bay Hotel.
Come along and bring another member with you.
I am responsible. When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that I am responsible. ~ Bill W.
If you are planning a change in your meetings for Christmas period. You may only have a couple of Group Conscience meetings.
Please let us know so that we can inform the local fellowship where they can get meetings and which meeting will need to close or change venues.
Let us know as soon as you have confirmed information on arrangements and we will put it on the for the circulation.
As usual please spread the word as not all our members registered to receive this notification
Athenry Wednesday have moved to a new room, not far from Canton Hall.
Pastoral Centre, adjoining the St. Mary’s Church, Church Street, Athenry
Here are some changes that we were informed have changed for Race Week only.
Ozanam House: Monday & Tuesday 13:00
Ozanam House: Wednesday and Saturday 11:00 (am)
Bohermore: open all week 13:00 and 20.30
We are informed according to group conscience of each group and only provide changes as notified to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to REFRESH your browser, if you’ve been here before
- Renmore Meeting
- SUN 25th December – Meeting at 11.30 AM
- SUN 1st January – Meeting 11.30 AM
- Ozanam Room 7
- FRI 23rd December – Meeting at 11.30 AM
- Ozanam House Closed untill after 3rd January
- FRI 23rd December – Meeting at 8.30 PM
- SAT 24th December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- SUN 25th December – Meeting at 8.30 PM FOLLOWED BY SOCIAL
- MON 26th December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- TUES 27th December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- WED 28th December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- THURS 29th December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- FRIDAY 30th December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- SAT 31st December – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- SUN 1ST January – Meeting at 8.30 PM
- MON 2nd January – Meeting at 1.00 PM & 8.30 PM
- Meetings as normal except –
- SUN 25th December meetings at –
- Times: 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm & 8.30pm.
- The Sanctuary (Rea Group) – Meetings as normal except –
- Thur 29th December – Meeting at 8pm
- Fri 30th December – Meeting at 8pm
- Thur 5th January – Meeting at 8pm
- Fri 6th January – Meeting at 8pm
NOTE: Please be aware that these changes are provided by each group and we post these as we receive them. Please check with the meeting secretary to get 100% clarification.
Once again by popular demand, the convention committee have been asked to produce this very funny play, and we are very fortunate again to have the same producer and director as before (name withheld to respect Anonymity). The play is funny to watch but even funnier, when your part of the team, because we get to see and experience it OFTEN before the opening night.
Want to be part of this fun event?
Rehearsals starting this Saturday 10th. Dec, at 19:30 under Mervue church, (Map to The Holy Family) Galway. If you would like to act or help out, then come along on the night. No experience needed, just a sense of fun. Bring a friend!
Free tea and lots of laughs!
(Map to The Holy Family) to meeting place. Directions: Standing in front of church. Go to left car park. Towards back, see door down a few steps and enter basement of church. GPS: 53°16’55.8″N 9°00’57.1″W
You are Invited to Attend our Open Public Meeting
Saturday evening at 19:30 pm
26th November 2016
Venue: in the Brothers of Charity, Dublin Road, Galway, in the Meeting Rooms down the stairs. same level as the underground Car Park.
Map GPS: 53°16’47.6″N 9°01’34.1″W
Google map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/pZbYYtm8dfv
70 Years in Ireland
AA In Ireland 1946 – 2016
If you or someone you know has or may have a drinking problem – you are welcome to attend.
Introduction: There will be an introduction to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and how it helps millions of members around the world to live a normal life after suffering from a drinking problem.
Speakers: Two AA members will share their own story of experience, strength and hope on how alcohol affects their lives and how they dealt with it through the recovery programme of AA.
All are welcome to this information meeting. If you think you or a family member or friend may have a problem with drinking, then you and they are welcome to attend this meeting.
There will be members present, who can answer any questions you may have either openly or in private.Your confidentiality and anonymity will be fully and completely respected.
If you can pass this on, Thank you for helping…. It could save someone a lot of pain and suffering or worse!
SEE YOU THERE!
Back to Main Convention Page
- 14:00 – Sponsorship
- 15:00 – Gratitude
- 16:00 – Relapse
- 17:00 – Honesty
- 18:00 – Forgiveness
- 19:00 – Live and Let Live
- 22:00 – Spirituality
- 23:00 – Tolerance
- 12:00 – Acceptance
- 17:00 – AA DVD
- 18:30 – The Hand Of AA
- 22:30 – Complacency
- 23:30 – Progress Not Perfection
- 12:30 – All We Have Is Now
- 8:00 – Formal Opening Of Convention (Public Open Meeting)
- 10:00 – Step Meeting – Step 1
- 11:00 – Service
- 12:00 – Step Meeting – Step 2 & 3
- 13:00 – Fellowship
- 14:00 – Step Meeting – Step 4
- 15:00 – Humility
- 16:00 – Step Meeting – Step 5
- 17:00 – Personal Relationships in AA
- 18:00 – Step Meeting Step – 6 & 7
- 19:00 – Check-up From The Neck Up
- 20:00 – Step Meeting – Step 8 & 9
- 21:00 – Cruinniu As Gaelige
- 22:00 – Step Meeting – Step 10 & 11
- 23:00 – Principals Before Personalities
- 12:00 – Step Meeting – Step 12
- 10:30 – Tradition Meeting 1 & 2
- 11:30 – Living Sober—Active Sobriety
- 12:30 – Tradition Meeting 3 & 4
- 13:30 – One Day At A Time
- 14:30 – Tradition Meeting 5 & 6
- 15:30 – All We Have Is Now
- 16:30 – Tradition Meeting 7 & 8
- 17:30 – Responsibility—Me And My Actions
- 18:30 – Tradition Meeting 9 & 10
- 19:30 – So You’re New, What Now ?
- 20:30 – Tradition Meeting 11 & 12
- 21:30 – Life Is To Be Enjoyed Not Endured
- 22:30 – Keep Coming Back
- 23:30 – Singleness Of Purpose
- 12:30 – Surrender
- 10:30 – AA DVD
- 12:00 – Old Timers — Speakers
- 14:00 – Step Workshop
- 17:30 – Young and Sober —Speakers
- 19:00 – Introduction to Service
- 21:00 – Polish Meeting
- 10:00 – Gratitude Through Fellowship
- 10:00 – Meditation Meeting
- 11:30 – Formal Closing Of Convention (Open Meeting)
Back to Main Convention Page
42nd Annual Convention
5th, 6th, 7th and 8th January 2017
Theme: Gratitude through Fellowship
Welcome to Our convention in The Galway Bay Hotel
Google Map to Galway Bay Hotel
All closed meetings are located on the Lower Level and are well signposted.
AA Conference approved literature is on sale in the Hotel Lobby throughout the convention.
The Leather Lounge is available for Singsongs on Friday and Saturday Night.
Cruinneachai as Gaeilge ar feadh an deireadh seachtaine & Spotkanie Grupy W Jezyku Polskim
I am responsible . . when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.
Members of the public who have an interest in Alcoholics Anonymous and our fellowship are invited to the OPEN PUBLIC MEETING on Friday evening at 8:30pm in the Lettermore Room. The meeting will end at 10:00pm. All other meetings are Closed Meetings meaning that you may only attend if you satisfy our 3rd tradition which is “that you have a desire to stop drinking”. These closed meetings are attended only by members of our fellowship. We would request that you would respect this in your attendance at the convention and thank you for your consideration of this. Types of AA Meetings
The principle of anonymity is a basic tenet of our fellowship. Those who are reluctant to seek our help may overcome their fear if they are confident that anonymity acts as a restraint on our members, reminding us that we are a program of principles, not personalities. 12 Traditions in Long Form
- 8:30pm – Early Bird Meeting
- 14:00pm – Registration—Hotel Lobby – to 12:00am
- 14:00pm – Marathon Meetings – to 1:30am
- 17:00pm – AA DVD
- 20:00pm to 22:00pm – Formal Opening Of Convention (Open Public Meeting)
- 22:30pm to Late – Disco
- 10:00am – Registration—Hotel Lobby – to 11:00pm
- 10:00am – Marathon Meetings – to 1:30am
- 10:30am – AA DVD
- 12:00pm – Old Timers—Speaker – to 13:15pm
- 14:00pm – Step Workshop – to 16:00pm
- 17:00pm – Young and Sober—Speaker – to 18:15pm
- 17:00pm – Drumming in Lettermore
- 19:00pm – Introduction to Service
- 21:30pm – Polish Meeting
- 21:00pm – Cruinniu As Galeite
- 22:00pm – to Late Live Band & Disco
- 10:00am – Meditation Meeting
- 10:00am – Morning Meeting
- 11:30am – Formal Closing Of Convention (Open Meeting)
Poster and Programme