42nd Annual Convention
5th, 6th, 7th and 8th January 2017
Theme: Gratitude through Fellowship
Welcome to Our convention in The Galway Bay Hotel
All closed meetings are located on the Lower Level and are well signposted.
AA Conference approved literature is on sale in the Hotel Lobby throughout the convention.
The Leather Lounge is available for Singsongs on Friday and Saturday Night.
Cruinneachai as Gaeilge ar feadh an deireadh seachtaine & Spotkanie Grupy W Jezyku Polskim
I am responsible . . when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.
Members of the public who have an interest in Alcoholics Anonymous and our fellowship are invited to the OPEN PUBLIC MEETING on Friday evening at 8:30pm in the Lettermore Room. The meeting will end at 10:00pm. All other meetings are Closed Meetings meaning that you may only attend if you satisfy our 3rd tradition which is “that you have a desire to stop drinking”. These closed meetings are attended only by members of our fellowship. We would request that you would respect this in your attendance at the convention and thank you for your consideration of this. Types of AA Meetings
The principle of anonymity is a basic tenet of our fellowship. Those who are reluctant to seek our help may overcome their fear if they are confident that anonymity acts as a restraint on our members, reminding us that we are a program of principles, not personalities. 12 Traditions in Long Form
- 8:30pm – Early Bird Meeting
- 14:00pm – Registration—Hotel Lobby – to 12:00am
- 14:00pm – Marathon Meetings – to 1:30am
- 17:00pm – AA DVD
- 20:00pm to 22:00pm – Formal Opening Of Convention (Open Public Meeting)
- 22:30pm to Late – Disco
- 10:00am – Registration—Hotel Lobby – to 11:00pm
- 10:00am – Marathon Meetings – to 1:30am
- 10:30am – AA DVD
- 12:00pm – Old Timers—Speaker – to 13:15pm
- 14:00pm – Step Workshop – to 16:00pm
- 17:00pm – Young and Sober—Speaker – to 18:15pm
- 17:00pm – Drumming in Lettermore
- 19:00pm – Introduction to Service
- 21:30pm – Polish Meeting
- 21:00pm – Cruinniu As Galeite
- 22:00pm – to Late Live Band & Disco
- 10:00am – Meditation Meeting
- 10:00am – Morning Meeting
- 11:30am – Formal Closing Of Convention (Open Meeting)